AK in Japan!

A collection of Aaron's thoughts, musings, reflections and pics while living and working in Japan. It will serve both as a personal journal, and as a vehicle for sharing with those who are interested... enjoy!

Wednesday, October 11, 2006


Preying mantis are everywhere. I love watching them and picking them up. There are a small number of insects that can turn their heads to look around and this creature is one of them. It's so cool when you can see them looking at you... it just makes me automatically think that they are a more intelligent insect, and possibly have more of a soul than your average fly or mosquito. Plus, their head resembles that stereotypical "Area 51 Alien" image... makes me wonder...

1 Comments:

Blogger TK said...

I love the rice harvest pic and the praying mantis pic and lots of the others too, but mostly I am worried about bears roaming your town. Do they ever eat people? Love you, TK-Mom

1:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home