AK in Japan!

A collection of Aaron's thoughts, musings, reflections and pics while living and working in Japan. It will serve both as a personal journal, and as a vehicle for sharing with those who are interested... enjoy!

Saturday, March 03, 2007


Ewoks/Orange People

There's a strange breed of youth here in Japan that think it is really cool to mak their skin look orange. How and why they do this is beyond me- I think it is absolutely ridiculous and unattractive, yet, there must be some purpose behind it but this still evades me.

I call them Ewoks... you know... like in Star Wars: Retrn of the Jedi? Sometimes their lips are a lighter color than their surrounding face, like Ewoks, and that's just not right.


There are different sub-species of Ewoks, too. Here are some Rocker Ewoks- very common. On any given day these guys are out helping Princess Leia and the Rebels defeat the evil Empire, or, they are on stage as the lead singers for Japanese Whitesnake... it's a tough life, it really is.

Also, note the hair. These masterpieces of human protein must take hours todry, feather, shape, and glue! How can they get it all done in a day. I definately feel some "hair-inferiority" when I'm around the Ewoks.

It is standard practice that at least one of the Ewoks in the group smokes. They couldn't walk outside together if they didn't have this key component.

Check out this guy's hair, did he just roll outta bed or something- oh, wait, it's supposed to be like that! My bad! The sweatpants are very unusual for Ewoks, so they must have been in transition or something here.




All in all,the Ewoks are friendly creatures. They are always ok with the amature anthropologist, like me, snapping a few pictres of them. It makes me see that they have also been conditioned to do the mandatory peace sign. This give me confidence that there may be hope to educate these strange creatures and make them functioning members of our society. The final challenge: grooming and skin care.

1 Comments:

Blogger DarkWing said...

at least they are nice.

I got a bum mad at me. He accused me of taking his photo and I never pointed the camera in his direction...oh well

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home