AK in Japan!

A collection of Aaron's thoughts, musings, reflections and pics while living and working in Japan. It will serve both as a personal journal, and as a vehicle for sharing with those who are interested... enjoy!

Monday, December 11, 2006

Chris, of Laura and Chris, my Sendai amigos had a birthday last month… wait… no it was October! Man how time flies! Anyway, we had a great dinner and then did some bowling and karaoke-it was a fun night and it felt good to give CP some warmth and love. He deserves it! Just for fun, and since it was around Halloween, I picked up a super cheap wig at Loft, a popular dept store which is a lot like Ikea. Immediately after putting it on in the station the Japanese people around us were smiling and staring. People who HADN’T seen me put it on were floored and there was even one guy who stood not 6 feet from me and stared until I gave him the snake-eye and he left… slowly backing away… staring, staring. They thought it was my real hair. With such a reaction I decided to wear the wig all night, and holey goldilocks Batman was it hilarious to see everyone staring at me! Some tried to disguise it but it was just too obvious, others outright laughed as I walked by, and a surprising number of people stared in ENVY! Here are some pics:

1 Comments:

Blogger bob s said...

Great photo, Sammy !

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home